You can support the Green Mountain Youth Symphony by making a tax-deductible donation through JustGive or PayPal; by using iSearchiGive as your search engine or when you make purchases online; or by volunteering your time, skills, and energy to the orchestra. You can also send a check made out to: Green Mountain Youth Symphony to P.O. Box 384, Montpelier, VT 05601-0384.
Your support ensures that the Green Mountain Youth Symphony will continue to make this outstanding musical program accessible to all interested young musicians, and provide them with the highest level of musical instruction in a supportive environment where gifted and motivated young musicians can explore their creativity, refine their talents, and excel in their musical abilities.
Specifically, your help is critical to the ongoing success of the Green Mountain Youth Symphony and its major activities, including:
• Orchestra rehearsals with engaging and inspiring conductors as well as sectional rehearsals with local professional musicians;
• Performances in the community such as our end of semester concerts, outreach concerts at local public schools, annual performance at First Night Montpelier, and joint performances with adult orchestras like the Vermont Philharmonic and the Montpelier Chamber Orchestra;
• Commissions of works by local Vermont composers;
• Summer music camps for students at all levels of musical ability; and
• Scholarships for students with financial need as well as affordable tuition rates for all.
Thank you for your generosity.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming concerts!
The Green Mountain Youth Symphony (GMYS) is in the process of purchasing a set of four concert timpani and building a storage cabinet to house them between performances.
The Green Mountain Youth Symphony relies on volunteers to be successful. Volunteer opportunities include:
Setting up and breaking down the stage, getting out the posters, invitations, and programs, asking local businesses to advertise in our programs, and publicizing the concert.
Writing grants, building local business support, and working with private donors.
Social events for each orchestra during the semester.
And so much more!
Share with us your skills, time, and energy, and help us make this year a great success.
The Green Mountain Youth Symphony is deeply grateful to the following sponsors for their generous support of our orchestra program.
|Darby Stearns Thorndike Kolter and Ware, LLP, online|
|Ellis Music Company, online|
|Green Mountain Swing, online|
|Paul Perley Cellos, online|
|Union Mutual of Vermont Companies, online|
|Vermont Arts Council, online|
|Vermont State Employees Credit Union, online|
|Vermont Violins, online|
|Amateur Chamber Music Players Foundation, online|
|Northfield Savings Bank, online|
|City of Montpelier, online|